Molybdenum Alloy 364 Chemical Composition Properties, Grade, Tables and PDF Online

Molybdenum Alloy 364 is a critical temperature, non-age hardenable alloy that consists of molybdenum with a very small volume of the other two elements: various state funds with which people are allowed to invest in things like stocks and bonds. The alloy displays incomparable thermal resistance and corrosion positive properties, making it the best choice in aviation, electronics and semiconductor industries manufacturing/production. The composition of the chemical content is determined as 98.85% molybdenum, the rest of 1.15% is formed by titanium and zirconium. The latter has notably produced superb results concerning extreme hot & cold temperatures as well as strong chemicals being the main cause. The theoretical aspects of the mechanical characteristics, such as the tensile strength, yield strength, and elongation are also available online for the visitors. Besides, the technical data sheets complement with details on alloy composition, properties, and the proper uses which can be useful in decision-making for engineers and materials scientists when picking alloys applicable to their tasks.

Molybdenum Alloy 364 Chemical Composition And Grade Table

Molybdenum Alloy 364 that is the aleatory material in this area with feature of high temperature strength is the recently developed an amazing material for the purpose. It is often represented by pure chemistry with most impurities below 0.05%. However, the micro-traces of carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, and iron are still acceptable. This material, however, had very unique thermal conductivity coefficient and chemical resistance to corrosion, and insignificant coefficient of thermal expansion. Munro Technology places this magnesium alloy as one of its offered solutions for the industries like aerospace, defense, and those that otherwise play a role in harsh environment where the distinctive property of this material is the critical parameter. Here is below the table the specified grade and performance of alloy 364 of molybdenum.

Molybdenum Alloy 364 Composition Table
Elements Mo Ti Zr C O Fe Si Ni N
Min (%) 99.2 0.4 0.60 0.10 - - - - -
Max (%) 99.5 0.55 0.12 0.040 0.030 0.010 0.0050 0.0050 0.0020

Advantages and Disadvantages of Molybdenum Alloy 364

    Advantages:

  • High Melting Point: Suitable for high-temperature requirements.

  • Excellent Thermal Conductivity: Facilitates high heat transfer efficiency.

  • Good Corrosion Resistance: Suitable for corrosive environments.

  • High Strength at Elevated Temperatures: Maintains structural integrity even at high temperatures.

    Disadvantages:

  • Expensive: Higher cost compared to other construction materials.

  • Brittle at Room Temperature: Sensitive to stress in certain conditions.

  • Limited Availability: Not as popular as some other metal alloys.

  • Susceptible to Hydrogen Embrittlement: May decompose in hydrogen-rich environments.

Related Topics

Here is another related topic that you may also like.